Data protection FAQs
“What are my rights where data is concerned?”
- It’s your right to be forgotten. You can delete your own account by logging in, heading over to your profile here, and press ‘Delete your account’.
- You can object to your data being processed.
- If you want to see what data we’re collecting, or if you want some data to be removed, just ask us. It’s your right.
“Why do you collect data?”
- We only use it for research. We’re trying to learn about what works for people, and if what we’re doing is having an impact. We call it behaviour change.
“How long do you keep my data for?”
- Because our data is used for scientific research, data gathered over time is a large part of the process.
“Can other Click users identify me?”
- Nobody can see your email address used to create your account, and nobody will see any of your profile data on the Click site.
- You need to be careful if you change your screen name. We give you an anonymous one, but if you decide to change it – try to make sure you pick one that doesn’t give away your identity in any way.
“Who gets to see my data?”
- Only our researcher/analyst who only works through the data in the strictest of circumstances.
“How do I know it’s safe?”
- We’re Cyber Essentials Plus accredited, which means our infrastructure has been rigorously tested and held to the highest standards.
- Data lives on a secure and encrypted database on AWS (Amazon Web Services) in London, England.
- If you have questions or concerns about security, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“What if I’m under the age of 16?”